Thursday, June 18, 2009

Garden update

Hi, all

As you can see, our garden is doing well although it could use some sunshine.
I think all of us can all use some sunshine!

When it dries up(?) I am going to move the watermelon to another patch - might have to be my house - we have no more space here.
They will grow too large and spread too far to survive with the other vegetables.
I promise to share when they are grown and ready for picking.

I also have to get a larger container and a trellis for the cucumbers.

You may have missed Ellen Rossner's talk Monday night on pest control.
She promises to post her talk here so we can all benefit from her expertise.
She did donate some yarrow which attracts beneficial bugs. Yes, there are good bugs and she will tell us why.

Keep your eye on the garden. It is so nice to see people standing around it chatting and reading our garden quotes.
Which reminds me....
Don't forget to pick up your copy of Seedfolks by Paul Fleischman.

Best,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment